The Adopt-an-Estero/Water Body Program is a collaborative undertaking between and among communities along esteros or creeks and rivers, concerned local government units, private sector and the DENR to achieve a cleaner, safer and healthier environment.
Specifically, the program seeks to achieve the following:
• Clean up the estero of wastes, debris, and silt;
• Mobilize the local communities in cleaning the estero;
• Institutionalize good sanitation and solid waste management practices through education and actual participation in the management of estero;
• Ensure unimpeded flow of water during rainy season;
• Reduce pollution loading to the rivers and to Manila Bay; and
• Institutionalize public-private-community partnership in environmental management.
To know more about Adopt-an-estero/water body program, click here